Re: interfaces changed after upgrade

Quoth Girish Kulkarni at 2009-03-17 18:44...
After the upgrade I find that the network interfaces eth0 (wired
ethernet) and eth1 (wifi) have now been renamed to eth1 and
wlan0_rename.  Plus, a new interface eth2 has been added, to which no
device is attached, but which is still DHCP queried at every boot.

How do I remove wlan0_rename and attach the wifi device to eth2?

That sounds like udev being "helpful" and going and changing everything, as it does.

This may not be for your wireless card (it's the one for mine) but if you have a look at the section "Common problems and errors" it should help resolve your issue:
<http://wiki.debian.org/iwlwifi>

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business:      http://www.smiffytech.com/