Re: update information is outdated?

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
>> I am getting this message from the update notifier constantly in the
>> notification area on my panel --
>>
>>     The update information is outdated.  This may be caused by network
>>     problems.  Please update manually by clicking on this icon and
>>     then selecting 'Check'.
>>
>> There seem to be no network problems.  The message reappears after
>> "checking" for upgrades with aptitude or apt-get.  What is wrong?
>
> Have you run the updater tool to update the package lists?  If your
> mirror is not down then you need to do that.  Perhaps it was down when
> update-notifier was trying to download the latest package files to see
> if there were any updates?

Thanks for the reply, Daniel.  The message from update-notifier
appears even after I run 'aptitude update'.  I have repeated this
exercise quite a few times and also confirmed that the mirror is up.
But the pop-up persists.

Interestingly, there's a bug reported in the BTS about this --

Girish.

--
Girish Kulkarni - Allahabad, India - http://girish.50webs.com