Re: Ext3 for flash drive

> does it apply on CF cards? The name says flash, so I would assume yes? But
> still, I think it really reasonable to consider the life of the media.

Yes, same thing.  BTW, regarding the life of the media: let's say the
internal maximum write speed is 50MB/s, an expected lifetime of
100000-writes, and a capacity of 30GB, that gives you a "minimum time to
write failure" of 2 years (30GB * 100000 / 50MB/s).  I.e. it will take
about 2 years of continuous write operation before the flash will fail
because of excessive writes.  As I said: I wouldn't worry about it.

        Stefan