Re: how to get past apt-get errors? is there a manual workaround? SOLVED

On Monday 16 March 2009 11:33:33 will trillich wrote:
> Thanks to you, too! And sorry about the non-technical quoting...

Not a big issue.  I greatly prefer interleaved, but it's not official list
policy or anything.

> I'm not on the
> debian-user list so I just copy/paste from lists.debian.org,

If you'll mention it in your message, I'll gladly CC you.

> Unfortunately, gmail encourages pre-post

How does it do that?

Starting with the cursor at the top is proper behavior for an mail composer.
That way you can read through the quoted text, removing what is not relevant
and interspersing your comments directly below the text you found relevant.

Full-quoting and sticking a few lines at the bottom is as bad or worse as
full-quoting and sticking stuff at the top.  The context can get muddled
instead of dropped, and the amount of scrolling can become quite annoying.

> and all our end-user
> clientele prefer it, so I've wound up adopting sloppy email habits.

It happens.  Some communities really do prefer top posting for whatever
reason, and it's usually in a new members best interest to conform.  "Differ
in substance, not style."