Moving to LVM

Hi there!

I'm on Etch and have got two external USB disks, one GB each in size.
Disk1 contains one ext3 partition and my media files, and is full.
Disk2 is empty and should take future media files. I don't have a
third disk I could use for backups.

My plan is to create a Logical Volume Group to span two partitions
located on different disks, and export that LV group via NFS. If I
got it right (please correct me), I need partitions of type 8e on
both disks. So I thought I

1 partition disk2 8e
2 create a LV group and add disk2/p1 to it
3 create an ext3 filesystem on the LV
3 copy the data from disk1/p1 to the LV
4 partition disk1/p1 8e
5 add disk1/p1 to the LV group
6 resize the LV ext3 filesystem to 2 TB, so it spans both disks resp.
  partitions

Does this sound right to you? Maybe you could help me with the
necessary command as well...

What happens if, for whatever reason, just one of the disks is
available?

-André

--
May as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb!
Linkstation/KuroBox/HG/HS/Tera Kernel 2.6/PPC from <http://hvkls.dyndns.org>