Re: iomega portable hard drive

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 07:11:55AM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> is it possible to put to work a 120 GB Iomega Portable Hard Drive (usb
> powered) under Lenny? I own one myself, but I can't mount it. I
> googled a bit too, but without success besides the fact that there is
> no direct linux support for it.

It may not need direct support.  When you plug it in, udev should create
a /dev/sd* node for it and report this in /var/log/syslog.

At a command line, run:
$ tail -f /var/log/syslog

and plug in the drive.

See what shows up, then mount the drive.

If you're trying to use a desktop environment to do this, hopefully
someone who as run a DTE will know.

Doug.