Re: reconfig network interface

linux china wrote:
There is one file named 70-persistent-net.rules, I guess this is my
old one, I didn't find any filename beginning with z in that
directory, it doesn't matter I guess.

So could I remove this file and reboot system?
i just checked and it apparently changed into 70-persistent-net.rules in Lenny instead of the 25 on Etch.

but yes, this file is regenerated on start up if its not there, you can also manually change it and then it will be read on start up. if the new card is listed as eth3 you can just change it into eth0 if you like

i once made some notes on the link below if you'd like to double check.
http://www.songshu.org/index.php/replacing-disfuctioning-marvel-ethernet-controller