Re: reconfig network interface

linux china wrote:
after I replace a new network card in Debian, the network interface
eth0 is not up anymore. Before the replacement, the network is fine,

if I try to ifup eth0, I got error like
"eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
SIOCSIFNETASK: no such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: no such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
 Failed to bring up eth0",

Any suggestions?

is the old card still mentioned in /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules

you can remove this file and it will create a new one on reboot, my guess is that your new card shows up as eth3, you can simply change this in above mentioned file.

--

www.songshu.org
Just another collection of nuts