Anyone? Re: usb flash drive locks up pc, squeeze, lenny, not ubuntu

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:57:24PM -0700, whollygoat@letterboxes.org wrote:

Ubuntu 7.10 doesn't have this problem, but I tried lenny and it does it, too.
Looked at loaded modules on Ubuntu and Squeeze.  usb_storage was missing on
squeeze, but after loading, problem persisted.

Googling hasn't helped.

No ideas here?