Re: Postfix Version/Upgrading

Quoth Jeff Grossman at 2009-03-16 14:32...
I am running Debian Testing.  I just switched from Sendmail to Postfix
on my machine.  This machine is used as an e-mail and web server.  I
noticed that the version in Debian is 2.5.5.  The current version
available on postfix.org is 2.5.6.  Is it safe/smart to download the
source from postfix.org and do a make upgrade or should I just wait
for the Debian version to be updated to 2.5.6?

I'd be inclined to go to the Postfix site and have a look at the changelogs to see what the difference in the two version is. If the later version isn't fixing a nasty security flaw, I wouldn't be too worried about using the older one.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business:      http://www.smiffytech.com/
Blog/personal: http://www.smiffysplace.com/