Re: Hello sir

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:
Victor Padro wrote:
> Direct link, DVD version:
> AMD64(if your laptop has more than 3GB of RAM):
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.0/amd64/iso-dvd/
>
> i386(if your laptop has less than 3GB of RAM):
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.0/i386/iso-dvd/

I would suggest using the i386, unless you have specific requirements
for amd64, because it has a better support for certain ('non-free')
software.

>From my i386's aptitude:
$ aptitude show linux-image-2.6-686-bigmem
[...]
Linux 2.6 image on PPro/Celeron/PII/PIII/P4
This package depends on the latest binary image for Linux kernel 2.6 on
Pentium Pro/Celeron/Pentium II/Pentium III/Pentium 4 with 4-64G RAM
machines.

So, unless you have more than 64G of ram you should be fine with i386.

Cheers,
Johannes