Missing initrd now can't boot

Hi
I was playing with the update-initrd tool to try and fix the booting
of my system and i deleted the current initrd files. Then my battery
died and i can't boot in to debian at all now what should i do? The
error that comes up is that it is asking for the initrd file yet that
doesn't exist because i deleted them. I can't boot in single user mode
or do anything other that boot in to vista. So please can you help. My
inital reation was to reformat but then i thought i would post this
email to see if there was a fix.
Thanks in advance
Dean