Re: Why is Firefox calling gimp instead of xpdf? -SOLVED

On 11 Mar 2009, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> On 11 Mar 2009, Bob Cox wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:35:54 +0000, Anthony Campbell (ac@acampbell.org.uk) wrote:
> >
> > > On my laptop I have set Preferences to use xpdf to read pdf files, but
> > > for some reason it keeps calling gimp instead. Is there any way to make
> > > it do what I want?

I found a lot of other people with a similar problem in the Suse world
but eventually I found my own solution. Firefox wants a full path to the
app you want to use. So I went into Prefecences, chose 'Use other', and
then navigated to /usr/bin/xpdf and clicked on that. Firefox now no
longer uses gimp.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk