Re: Hello sir

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Santhosh R <santhoshbioinfo@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello sir,
          I am Santhosh, I having sony vaio model laptop, is able to install Debian 5 (DVD format iso files) in my laptop?
Why I am asking meant, already I have tried Redhat 5 Enterprice (DVD) to my laptop, it not accepted. That same Redhat 5 has booted in Desktop system. That's Y asking.

Otherwise, please send me the link to download Debian 5 version suitable for my laptop. I like so much working in Linux

Thank You.

I think debian should work for your machine. is your CPU 64bit? generally it should be, download the AMD64 iso to record the installation cd,
http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.0/amd64/iso-cd/debian-500-amd64-CD-1.iso
you do not need to record a dvd, for most of the installed packages will be updated after you install.

--
With Regards...,

Santhosh.R

--