Re: update information is outdated?

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:44:48 +0530
Girish Kulkarni <girish@hri.res.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting this message from the update notifier constantly in the
> notification area on my panel --
>
>     The update information is outdated.  This may be caused by network
>     problems.  Please update manually by clicking on this icon and
>     then selecting 'Check'.
>
> There seem to be no network problems.  The message reappears after
> "checking" for upgrades with aptitude or apt-get.  What is wrong?

Have you run the updater tool to update the package lists?  If your
mirror is not down then you need to do that.  Perhaps it was down when
update-notifier was trying to download the latest package files to see
if there were any updates?

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore