Re: 'debian-user' list in digest mode does not number the posts

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:49:51 +0000, Mizanur Khondoker wrote:

> I pefer to receive posts from highly active  mailing lists such as
> debian-user@list, ubuntu-user@list in  a digest mode. Browsing emails
> from digest form is easier when post-headings and the subsequent
> messages are numbered.
> But I have seen that debian lists does not number the posts:
>
> Example: Debian-user@list

You can get debian-user from the gmane newsserver, named
gmane.linux.debian.user.  I do that, and read it using Pan, which is a
Debian package.

gmane appears to be a free service (I've never paid anything, anyway)
that relays mailing lists as newsfeeds.  You can even post messages
through it.

More information at http://www.gmane.org/

-- hendrik

-- hendrik