Re: Do you know about DebianON?

The Eclectic One wrote:
Hi!

There is a new release (hooray for lenny ;), and I am
sure there will be several user doing a fresh install on their
laptops.
I would like to propose that you have a look at

 http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/

and consider contributing.

It won't take you long, but if you are to tech guy and want to give something
back, this might be one way.

Thanks for considering, I will not bother you any longer ;)

Good idea.  In fact, I have written a pretty complete page about my
experience installing Lenny on a Dell Inspiron 8600 and I just tried
to add a link to it in the wiki above but it won't let me.  I presume
what I need is the "portal page"?  In any case, if someone with the
proper access could add this:

http://eclectic.freeshell.org/debian-8600.html

to the proper wiki path in the Dell section (ie: Inspiron8600/lenny)
more people would find it.  It's already linked from http://linux-laptop.net

HP dv9750ed works here like a charm.