Re: Lenovo laptop - Type Control D to Continue

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:17:25 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

> Hey Guy's I have Lenovo laptop, new "Lenny install" and I'm having to type
> control+d to continue boot, I looked at "dmesg" and I can't make what the
> problem is, so I post and maybe someone can figure the problem.
>
> If more info is needed let me know. :)
>
> laptop-1:/home/jj# dmesg
[... (954 lines of dmesg)]

> Thanks for looking.

At the outset I want to say that I am surprised that someone with the
email nick of field.engineer would post the whole dmesg in this case.
Please have some concern for the members of the list who pay for
bandwidth. Couldn't you make some educated guess as to what isn't going to
be relevant? I'd guess that many people won't read through all that, I
just skimmed it.

Poster Sebastian has already suggested further relevant info for you to
provide. There was probably more on your console than the instruction
to type control D. to continue. And, what happens when you do type
control D?

In addition, I would say that, if this was my problem, I would look into
the I/O errors on dev sr1 as a hint. Is there any chance your drive
devices have been enumerated differently than the way you have them in
fstab?