Re: Plaxo

David Baron wrote:
I just got a notification that "debian-user" just joined plaxo. (Since debian-
user is in my address book, we can now connect, share photos, etc .....:-)
)
Plaxo is an addressbook service that works well with ms-outlook, worse with outlook-express, NO interface to Linux.
wouldn't it be better to sign up with another option that does support normal standards instead of the one that never actually cared about you? although i admittedly have no idea what plaxo really does.
I have been bugging them for years to provide a standard LDAP interface instead of or in addition to their proprietary windows stuff. To no avail.

If "debian-user" has indeed joined plaxo, maybe we can all push for LDAP!

personally i recent those kind of e-mails that invite you to yet another "see all your friends locked up behind a compulsory registration so we can sell all your data" site. So i see little sense in start shopping at the butcher shop hoping they would start selling vegetarian products after me being a regular customer.

--

www.songshu.org
Just another collection of nuts