Re: scanner stop working after update

thveillon.debian schrieb:

> Hi, this is what apt-listchanges sent me a few days ago :
>
> [quote]
> "sane-backends-extras (1.0.19.12) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   Starting with sane-backends-extras 1.0.19.12, the epkowa backend for EPSON
>   scanners is no longer provided. It was no longer possible to
> satisfactorily support this backend inside Debian after the iScan!
> 2.10.0 release, due to a number of issues that could not be resolved or
> otherwise settled.
>
>   Users relying on this backend should now use the Debian packages
> provided by Avasys/EPSON for i386 and amd64, available at

Hello,

As I wrote before, installing the Avasys packages creates some problems due to
the conflict with libsane-extras. As some essential packages, in particular
libsane, depend on libsane-extras, removing it is not a solution. What I did on
my testing system is the following:

1) dpkg --force-conflicts -i iscan_2.17.0-3_i386.deb
2) dpkg -i iscan-plugin-gt-xxxx_2.1.0-2_i386.deb # xxxx depends on scanner type
3) manually delete the iscan and iscan-plugin entries in /var/lib/dpkg/status

I admit that this solution is not proper, but my V200 then works well with the
sane frontends, e.g. xsane. Avasys should remove the conflict with
libsane-extras to solve the issue.

Best Regards
Rainer