Re: How do I Install your Linux operating system.

caleb rodgers wrote:
> Hey how do I Install your Linux operating system on my computer I can
> only access my database drive and I want to dual boot with Windows
> Vista.

http://www.debian.org/ has two important links for you:

The download site:

http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/#stable

The usual way is to just download the small 'netinst.iso' and to
download the required software packages once the initial base system is
installed, but of course you could also download one of the three 'CD-1's.

The installation instructions:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual

You don't have to read the whole of the document. The installer is
rather good and will ask you sensible questions. Think about how to
format your drive. Debian requires about 10 GB, depending on how much
software and data you plan for. If you are unsure, you should consult
the installation manual.

> I have a AMD turion64 x2 processor

I would recommend to stick with the Intel x86 (i386) architecture (from
the download site). You can install a amd64 kernel, and the installer
will probably select it automatically for you.

Good luck and welcome to the free (software) world!

Cheers,
Johannes

[cc'ing you in case you are not subscribed. Sorry if this is in error.]