'debian-user' list in digest mode does not number the posts

I pefer to receive posts from highly active  mailing lists such as
debian-user@list, ubuntu-user@list in  a digest mode.
Browsing emails from digest form is easier when post-headings and the
subsequent messages are numbered.
But I have seen that debian lists does not number the posts:

Example: Debian-user@list
debian-user-digest Digest                               Volume 2009 : Issue 470

Today's Topics:
 Re: SMART -d ata or -d sat            [ green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> ]
 Re: Local mirroring How-To?           [ Lists <lists@fiwwi.com> ]
 Re: What's the easiest way to obtain  [ Kelly Clowers <kelly.clowers@gmail. ]
 Re: URGENT - v5.0.0 amd64 (stable):   [ Dave Patterson <sdpatt2@gmail.com> ]
 Re: scanner stop working after updat  [ Rainer Kluge <rkluge50@web.de> ]
 using usb flash drive locks up pc on  [ whollygoat@letterboxes.org ]
 man pages                             [ randall <randall@songshu.org> ]
 Re: How to troubleshoot aptitude seg  [ David Corking <lists@dcorking.com> ]
 How do I Install your Linux operatin  [ caleb rodgers <hellomate54321@yahoo ]
 Re: Howto build an inexpensive debia  [ Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.i ]
 Re: How do I Install your Linux oper  [ randall <randall@songshu.org> ]
 Re: How do I Install your Linux oper  [ =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCTEBrNBsoQg==?=  ]

whereas Ubuntu (and many other) lists do, which I find more convenient.

Example: Ubuntu-user@list
Today's Topics:

  1. Re: Common call for launching file browser (David Curtis)
  2. Re: GF 8400, drivers (Lucio M Nicolosi)
  3. Re: Adding apps to startup could be made easier (Cybe R. Wizard)
  4. Re: backlight issue with laptop and 8.10 (Larissa Ardis)
  5. Re: Adding apps to startup could be made easier (NoOp)
  6. Re: Again installing Ubuntu on Acer Travelmate 5530G
     (Lucio M Nicolosi)
  7. Re: backlight issue with laptop and 8.10 (Lucio M Nicolosi)
  8. System ScreenSaver Mode frequently (Chaman Singh Verma)

Has this facility not implemented in debian-user@list? If it is
alreday implemented, how can I set preference to receive posts as a
numbered list?

Thanks in advance for any information/suggestion.

--
Mizanur Khondoker
Division of Pathway Medicine (DPM)