Re: What's the easiest way to obtain a debian kernel which contains snd-cs46xx module?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 06:11, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:55:30 +0000
> j t <mark473@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just done a fresh install of Lenny on my Thinkpad T21, which
>> (according to lshw) contains a "Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24/30
>> CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator" (pci id 1013:6003).
>>
>> /proc/asound/cards shows no soundcards, and I assume this is because
>> there is no snd-cs46xx.ko module in /lib/module.
>>
>> Could anyone please give me any indication of the easiest way for me
>> to compile either just the module, or even an entire debianized kernel
>> which would include this module? Ideally, I'd like the final result to
>> work with the package management tools, so a .deb file would be great.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
>
> The module is included in recent kernels.  I have no idea if it's built
> in the Debian prepackaged kernels, but it's easy enough to roll your
> own:

Really? Last time I looked (a while ago, maybe December or so) getting
the kernel.org kernel didn't help. When I had that card, I was just
downloading and compiling the alsa drivers from  alsa-project.org

Not too hard, instructions are on the site.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers