Re: Top posting vs Bottom posting

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:00:28AM +0100, Sander Marechal wrote:
> Alex Samad wrote:
> > isn't that a reason for top posting?
>
> No, because with bottom posting you can quote just a little bit of an
> e-mail and put your response directly below it. This is a big boon with
> larger e-mails because you can respond to multiple statements or
> questions in turn.

I think you have cut out the relevant information, the op was saying
that if you read through a series of emails and you have to scroll down
to the bottom of the email because it is bottom or inline posting.

To me if you have read the last 30 emails and they were all top post you
have the history and you only had to read the top bit not search through
the email looking for the answers. Remembering that you have just read
the last email before this one and thus have all the relevant
information.

This is completely different when access a thread from archive.

(note I am not taking the side of top or bottom posting, I am nice
netizen who tries to follow the rules/etiquette s of the ml)