Re: Pingin won't connect?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 04:07:48PM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Thursday 12 March 2009 15:53:13 Stephan Seitz wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 09:53:49PM +0200, Vadim Kolchev wrote:
> > > Got a problem with pidgin - it won't connect saying that i use
> old
> > > version. Is there a workarond because I don't want to use
> unstable
> > Let me guess, ICQ?
> > > versions?
> > No, the ICQ server changed their protocol again. You need a newer
> version
> > of pidgin or use a better protocol like Jabber.
> Any chance this could be fixed in volatile or volatile/sloppy?

Pushed as pidgin 2.4.3-4lenny1~volatile0 into volatile-proposed.
Please test and report back.  Thanks to Ari Pollak for preparing
the upload to proposed-updates (so it will be included in the
next point release anyway).

volatile-proposed can be activated temporarily by adding this line
to your /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny-proposed-updates/volatile main

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Release Assistant