Re: Local mirroring How-To?

Dennis Wicks wrote:
Greetings;

I remember there was a discussion sometime back about this but I can't locate it.

Here is my situation. I have six Debian/Lenny machines that I have to update/upgrade at various times, and some of these runs take hours for each system over my 768Kbs connection.

I have the space to install a local mirror of one or two releases of Debian so I can do updates over my local net at 100 Mbs and speed things up considerably.

But ... I can't find anything current about how to do that.

Does anybody have any pointers to a good, and current, set of directions on how to do this? Or have a cookbook that works for you?

Many TIA!
Dennis

its pretty simple to set up your own mirror

i kept some notes on the link below on how to set up a full mirror
http://www.songshu.org/index.php/setup-a-debian-apt-mirror

alternatively this is actually what i use on my LAN, it caches a .deb file when you download it once so it saves a lot of disk space compared to the full mirror.
http://www.songshu.org/index.php/apt-cacher

--

www.songshu.org
Just another collection of nuts