Re: Ext3 for flash drive

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:04:27 -0400, Stefan Monnier (monnier@iro.umontreal.ca) wrote:

> Why ext2 rather than ext3?

I think you trimmed that line a bit prematurely in that it went on to
say "flash drive".  ext2 is arguably better than ext3 for flash drives
because of the reduced number of writes to disk.

> > Google for explore2fs.
>
> It claims to support both ext2 and ext3.

It does support both.  (Because from a read-only point of view they are
the same?)

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.
Please reply to the list only.  Do NOT send copies directly to me.