Re: why sid cannot install openoffice?

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki@gmail.com> wrote:

2009/3/12 Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de>

On 2009-03-12 06:31 +0100, Star Liu wrote:

> here is the error message:
> StarLiu:~# i openoffice.org-writer
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   openoffice.org-writer: Depends: openoffice.org-core (= 1:3.0.1-4+b2)
> but it is not going to be installed
>                          Depends: openoffice.org-base-core (=
> 1:3.0.1-4+b2) but it is not going to be installed
>                          Depends: libicu38 (>= 3.8-5) but it is not installable

Welcome to unstable.  The libicu38 package has been removed in favor of
libicu40.  While openoffice.org has been binNMU'ed for that transition,
the updated package has apparently not reached your mirror yet.

> My platform is AMD64 with Debian sid and gnome.

Your mirror does not seem to be up to date, or you did not run apt-get
update before trying the installation.  The current version of
openoffice.org on amd64 is 1:3.0.1-5.

Sven

Liu, why don't you just install openoffice. I use Taiwan's Debian mirror and it's quite ok. http://ftp.tw.debian.org/debian
thank Sven and Umar, yes, it's caused by my source not updated, I use ftp.hk.debian.org, it's still -4, after i updated with ftp.us.debian.org, it becomes -5, maybe I should use tw's, for it's near me :)