Re: Adding installed packages to menu

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Daniel Burrows wrote:

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 01:51:20AM +0900, Bret Busby <bret@busby.net> was heard to say:
The package is flightgear, the Flight Gear Flight simulator.

 I installed flightgear on my computer overnight to test this myself,
and it does appear to go into the Gnome menu, under
"Applications -> Games".  Its .desktop file should look like this:

$ cat /usr/share/applications/flightgear.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Version=1.4
Name=FlightGear
Exec=fgfs
Terminal=false
Categories=Game;Simulation;
Comment=A flight simulator
Comment[pt]=Simulação de Vôo
Icon=

 Daniel

Hello again.

Just thought t6hat I should advise:

Using vi, I created the above file, at the specified location, then ran update-menus.

Flight Gear now has an entry in the Games menu, and the menu entry runs the application.

Now, all I have to do, is figure out how to use it, and learn to fly (kind of) using it, without crashing or causing other massive stuffups.

Thanks everyone, for your help.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale