Re: netinstall using 1 wireless usb rtl-8187L

El mié, 11-03-2009 a las 09:21 +0000, thveillon.debian escribió:
> consultores1 wrote :
> > hello
> >
> > does somebody know how to do an installation using a wireless usb
> > rtl-8187L, which does not need any kind of firmware, it works correctly
> > with lenny, sid and maybe with any other linux distribution.
> >
> > My problem is that the netinstall does not recognize the usb card at the
> > beginning, then i have to stop installing, and the module related to the
> > card does not apper in any place.
> >
> > thanks in advance.
> >

> Hi,
>
> don't know if it can help you, but I have such a wifi controller on my
> motherboard (not using it though, and never for a netinstall), here the
> lsmod output :
>

> lsmod | grep rtl
> rtl8187                44224  0
> mac80211              127440  1 rtl8187
> eeprom_93cx6            2624  1 rtl8187
> cfg80211               31712  2 rtl8187,mac80211
>

> So it seems you need rtl8187, and there's an eeprom reader involved to
> eeprom 93cx6.
> "dpkg -S" tells me that all of this is compiled in my kernel, but maybe
> not in the installer one ?
> It has always worked out of the box.
>
> Tom

Yes, it is exactly what i thought, because i tested it with Slax, and it
worked very well.

Then, it could means what i have to recompile the netinstall kernel,
build the new personalized netinstall, and burn CD. if it were not
possible activating it at boot. Is it correct?

PS:
Is it possible installing from Slax, chrooting i mean?
--
"Consultores Agropecuarios"