Re: no sound in kde 4.2

2009/3/10 Svend Runge Nielsen <srn@srns.dk>
Hi,

I've recently installed KDE 4.2 from the experimental branch.
But apparently I have no sound in KDE applications like amarok or dragon.

When I start an application that is supposed to give me sound, the system
replies that the sound device (HDA Intel (ALC662 Analog) ) doesn't work and
it is therefore falling back to the default audio device (what ever that
might be?)

I've have plenty of sound when I'm using non-kde applications like mplayer,
so I figure the problem lies in the KDE sound configuration. But I don't know
how to configure it!

Has anyone solved this or similar problem - I'm keen to hear about it.
Any tips on how to configure the KDE sound devices properly are also very
welcome.

/Svend

You have to try every channel (PCM, front etc.) then set it as master channel. It's the sound icon on the panel. It's known as kmix.