Re: Fedora guy byebyes Debian

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 03:52:54PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Probably because they want to let us know what in their opinion is wrong.
> > They probably want to hear "Oh, thanks for that bug report, I just fixed
> > that for you, now you can return!" We should take these messages and put the
> > individual pieces like "ATI and WiFi don't seem to work on Lenny AMD64 on
> > Dell or Aspireone" on the TODO list and ask the guy for more details, so
> > someone can file a complete bug report.
> >

> So, have those items been added to this hyppothetical TODO list? Where
> is this list on the intercords?

To be honest, ATI and wifi do work; I bet he didn't spend much time
really trying to configure them. But the 'TODO' list is the BTS.

> > I agree with you that sending an e-mail like this is not constructive, not
> > at all as constructive as a complete bug report, but we could also try to do
> > something with these e-mails as far as we can.
> >

> Some people just don't know how to file a bug report. And to be
> honest, on Debian with no WWW bug reporting interface I just don't
> file them. I file against Ubuntu, KDE, and, well, Fedora.

Why do you need some annoying WWW bug reporting interface? All you need
to do is type 'reportbug package' to file a bug report.

--
		  http://pobega.wordpress.com
		    http://identica/pobega