Re: how to solve the problem "Could not bind sock on port 21: Address already in use"?

Star Liu wrote:
> thank you, I have stopped inetd using 21 port by commenting out that
> line about ftp, but unfortunitely, I have not setup my ftp server, it
> seems the best ftp server is proftpd, but sid doesn't support
> it(why?), then how could i setup a ftp server on sid? I have tried
> more then 5 ftpd servers, like wzdftpd, pureftpd,...., but none is
> successful, any suggestion? thanks

I really don't know why you say sid does not support it:

$ apt-cache policy
proftpd-basic
proftpd-basic:

  Installed:
(none)
  Candidate:
1.3.1-17
  Version
table:
     1.3.2-1
0
         50 http://ftp.br.debian.org unstable/main
Packages
     1.3.1-17
0
        900 http://ftp.br.debian.org testing/main
Packages

And you could always compile from the sources.

--
"Were there no women, men might live like gods."
		-- Thomas Dekker

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br