Re: how to solve the problem "Could not bind sock on port 21: Address already in use"?

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Nelson Castillo <nelsoneci@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Star Liu <minxinjianxin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i found that there is already a application listening on port 21, but
>> i donot know what's the application, and it prevents my ftp server
>> starting, so i want to find out the app and stop it, how to do it?
>> thanks.
>
> Try with
>
>  netstat -p
>
> ?
in fact i just want to install a ftp server, but there is no proftp
server in sid, and other ftp servers doesn't work. At last i found
wzdftpd, but it says "Could not bind sock on port 21: Address already
in use" and refuse to start.