Re: Use of Swap Space

> I recently noticed that my CPU is at 100% when the temperature of my CPU is
> high. Taking a look at System Monitor i have also discovered that my swap
> space is being used while only 13% of the RAM is, why isn't is using the
> rest of the RAM. Has anyone got any ideas why?

Unless you really have an enormous amount of RAM (in which case you
probably know what's going on), the tool that tells you "13% of RAM
used" is partly lying.  It's probably telling you that 13% of the RAM is
used by data that's not found anywhere else, while most of the rest of
your RAM is probably used to store local copies of disk blocks.
Try to run `free' to get a more detailed break up (or even "cat
/proc/meminfo").

        Stefan