Re: What does support mean? (Re: Exim4 with a Goddady account)

* Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net> [2009 Jan 31 07:34 -0600]:

> A bit late, but I've been unavailable.
>
> When I need help configuring Exim, I look at the Exim mailing lists -
> just like I do any product.

In the README.Debian file it quite explicitly discusses that support
should be sought on the Debian list first and only afterward should the
upstream Exim list be consulted.  This is likely due to the Debian
configuration changes that have been made to the package.  Since I
wound up solving my configuration entirely within the framework of the
Debian configuration, asking on a Debian list was the proper avenue to
take, IMO.

For the record, I checked the Debian Exim4 mailing list and it appeared
to have very low traffic and since I am already subscribed here, I
asked here.

> I don't expect this to be a product support list.

There seems to be a lot of "product support" that takes place on this
list without issue.  Why some got upset about this thread is puzzling
to me.

- Nate >>