Re: Resizing vfat partition with fdisk ??

2009/1/31 Rodrigo Hashimoto <rodhash@gmail.com>:
> Hi there,
>
> I have some troubles while resizing my vfat partition with fdisk. First it
> was strange because in fdisk the partitions were fine as following:

Is there data on the disc that you are intending on keeping or are you
just wanting to end up with 2 partitions of particular sizes?

> But the system was recognizing a different size like:
>
> -----------------
> debian-lap:~# df -h /dev/sdb1 /dev/sdb2
> /dev/sdb1             3.8G  395M  3.4G  11% /media/disk
> /dev/sdb2             3.0G  4.0K  3.0G   1% /mnt/flash
> debian-lap:~#

After you finished fdisk, did fdisk tell you that it was using the new
or old partition table and to reboot?
If this is a USB disc then instead of rebooting you can unplug and replug.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.