Solved Re: Cmd Line not wrapping in gnome terminal window

Daniel Burrows wrote the following on 01/30/2009 09:46 AM:
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 09:21:21PM -0600, Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> was heard to say:
I have just discovered that the command line in a gnome terminal window doesn't wrap correctly. Instead of doing a line feed and continuing on the next line it just returns to the beginning of the current line and writes over it.

  That sounds like something left your terminal in a bad state.  Does
running "reset" help?

  Daniel

Daniel;

No, reset didn't do it, but your comment gave me an idea.

I opened a new terminal window and it worked just fine!

I had eight terminal windows open in various workspaces and they all malfunctioned the same way. After your suggestion I opened another terminal window, didn't close the others, and it worked! Just on a hunch I tried one of the others, and now they *all* work as they should! Exceeding strange! But I am now a happy camper, or would that be happy hacker?

Any way, thanks for the help and suggestions Ron and Daniel!

Good Luck!!
Dennis