calender, contacts, appts., to do list, etc. server for Debian

Hi,

I am playing around with the idea of installing a calender server on a
Debian machine at my home.

The idea is that the family can maintain their calenders, appointments,
schedules and to-do lists on the server and be able to access it from
anywhere over the internet.

Now if the server allows syncing to mobile devices, that would be an
added bonus but is not required at present.

Any ideas what we have in this respect in Debian? Experiences and
insights will be most welcome.

Regards.

ever having been read.