Re: usb permissions (?)

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
2009/1/30 Tamas Hegedus <hegedus@med.unc.edu>
I reinstalled lenny.
Before that I could get the pics from my camera.
with gtkam?

with gthumb

Now I get the message:

"""
An error occurred in the io-library ('Could not claim the USB device'):
Could not claim interface 0 (Operation not permitted). Make sure no other
program or kernel module (such as sdc2xx, stv680, spca50x) is using the
device and you have read/write access to the device.
"""

I can get the pics as root.
I am (as a regular user) in the group of plugdev.

I think I should make usb ports accessible to regular users.
But I do not know how - and I find only 2-3 year old recipes, which are
obviously not up-to-date...

Thanks for your help in advance,
tamas