Re: [OT] from LGPL to dual-license?

On 01/29/2009 05:27 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
[snip]

Still, that's much easier than building proprietary or dual licensed work on top of GPL software. The FSF's interpretation is basically that anytime GPL licensed code is integral to the functioning of the larger work (dynamic linking, static linking, IPC, *anytime*) the larger work must be licensed under the GPL, effectively forbidding proprietary or dual licensed works from being built on it.

Note that Linus doesn't agree with that idea, which is why, for example, the nvidia driver is allowed.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA