re: postgresql setup

Okay, I figured all of it out. postgresql is uninstallable because postgresql-common requires postgresql79 and that's uninstallable. That sets up a situation almost similar to what I encountered when I tried installing emacs and gnus but at least gnus is already in the current version of emacs. So I cleaned out postgresql and will probably be doing my data base work with mysql until mysql gets broken by updates. At least this isn't windows,