Re: Dump and Restore Utility

Nicolas KOWALSKI writes:
> Yes, dump is working well with ext3 filesystems, as long as they are not
> actively modified. LVM may come to help here.

	Many thanks. That is a problem more or less with any
backup method that doesn't unmount and convert to read-only a
given file system.

	I noticed when I installed dump that the man page states
that it is for ext2/3 file systems so I am not as paranoid as
the little voices make me out to be.

> See: http://dump.sourceforge.net/isdumpdeprecated.html

Thanks for the link. That made the little voices come back a bit
but at least I think I know what risks there are.

Martin McCormick