Re: flash / iceweasel / all that

Glenn Becker wrote:

You mean install_flash_player_10_linux.deb? I got that, installed it with "dpkg -i", and now have (squeezing out spaces):

$ dpkg -l | grep flash
ii adobe-flashplugin 10.0.15.3-1hardy1 Adobe Flash Player plugin version 10

Flash works perfectly.

http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson/Iceweasel-Add-ons.png

No Flash. Still got the lovely

Dumb question: did you restart Iceweasel?

I did. I suspect the app is becoming confused by multiple versions sitting around. I am going to try a cleanup.

Glenn Becker - burningc@sdf.lonestar.org

If you want to browse without flash there are plenty of options - I use adblock+ and add a blocking riule of *.swf. There are also specific flash blockers.