Re: How to remove automatically installed packages when nothing depends on them?

* Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> 28.01.2009
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:27:13PM +0100, Michael Wagner <michaeldebian@web.de> was heard to say:

> > aptitude --purge-unused purge xfce4-terminal
> >
> > It's documented in the man page of aptitude.
>
>   All that does is cause programs which are already being removed
> because they're unused to also be purged.  It won't help if they
> aren't being removed in the first place.

From "man aptitude"

--purge-unused
	   Purge packages that are no longer required by any installed
package. This is equivalent to passing “-o Aptitude::Purge-Unused=true”
as a command-line argument.

English is not my first language and I understand the above that it
removes packages which are no more required. And this is what the OP
wants.

Michael

--
The only stupid question is the unasked question.
And that's a good thing, because I hate stupid questions!