Re: Which FS for USB Flash Drive

> Something to consider is:  do you want swap on your flash drive or not?

Depends on your use case.   In general, I'd say you probably do want
some amount of swap, tho you'll probably want to set your swappinness
such that the swap space is used sparingly, since it's not a fast drive.

> Don't you need swap in order to suspend?

I did hit a bug at some point that prevents s2ram to work in the absence
of swap, but usually swap is not needed for suspend.  It is needed for
hibernate, tho.

Another relevant issue is that Linux generally considers USB devices as
hotpluggable and likes to think that when you suspend all the USB
devices get disconnected (and the reconnected upon resume), so it'll
probably fail to suspend when / is mounted from USB.  For that you'll
have to play with the `persist' flag in the /sys filesystem IIUC.

        Stefan