Re: Which FS for USB Flash Drive

On 01/27/2009 03:13 PM, Kushal Koolwal wrote:
What is the difference? What difference do you want to achieve with respect to a 'live' debian system?

I would like to use my USB device for reading and writing to the drive just as we do on a regular IDE hard drive.
AFAIK, a live usb system would not allow me to write data persistently just like a live CD.

Also my original question was for a recommendation of FS for installing Debian on a USB flash drive.

If you want it to act like a hard drive, put a "hard drive fs" on it: ext3.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA