Re: Problems with installation of OpenOffice 3.0

On 01/27/2009 05:14 AM, Angus Auld wrote:
--- On Mon, 1/26/09, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com>
Subject: Problems with installation of OpenOffice 3.0
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 11:20 PM
>From openoffice web site I downloaded the tarball
OOo_3.0.0_LinuxIntel_install_wJRE_en-US.tar.gz and
installed it in my Debian
system.  But then, when I start openoffice, it fails with
the following error
message:

$ openoffice.org3
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice: line 124:
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/../basis-link/program/pagein:
No such file or directory
/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.bin: error while

.  Anybody who has a direct experience on the matter, who
installed OpenOffice
from tarball?

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo

Openoffice offers a package for Debian that contains all the necessary debs.
You can get it by making your choice here:

http://download.openoffice.org/other.html#en-US

I've installed Openoffice3 using this package (after uninstalling the default Openoffice packages on my lenny system), and everything seems to be working fine.

OP might also like the packages from http://www.go-oo.org

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA