Re: [OT] Handy functions for ripping movies

On 01/27/2009 12:37 AM, Alex Samad wrote:
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 07:07:43PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 01/26/2009 05:40 PM, Alex Samad wrote:
[snip]

depends I find 1000kb is pretty good to dvd quaity

Good.

# setup Video filtering
CROP=${CROP:-"crop=720:416:0:80"}
Why?

bad copy paste, I need to crop for that job, somebody had encoded with
black bars

Ah.

yeah, but you could also use vobcopy and make a backup of the dvd, thus

Or mount and cp.  But I'll have to try out vobcopy for commercial DVDs

keep multi tracks and subtitles ...

All of the disks that I'm ripping this way are created from Turner Classic Movies and my DVR's built-in burner.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA