Re: Fsck encrypted filesystem

lineman@ruiner.halo.nu wrote:
Hi

I have a relaively recent debian install with LUKS encrypted filesystem, default options.

An error has been detected on the HD and it will not boot anymore, FSCK wants the root password to do system maintenence.

I do not know the root password and I would like to fsck the drive.

How can I do this?

Thanks

-Alan

Just to make sure: Do you get grub screen? Do you get the initial prompt to type the passphrase? When you say 'it will not boot anymore', explain please at which stage it stucks.

G.